One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Calling all psychos!

I spent yesterday photocopying all of my psychological assessment records since March 2000. I seem to bear the brunt from both sides: mental healthcare folks see me as more ill than I am, and refuse to believe in my dire situation - while everyone else doesn't see me as sick or hurting, in any way, so they mock or disbelieve me, and only see my actions as self-serving grabs for power. (The latter may be true, but I do it for a just cause, as well as for personal protection.)

I don't believe I have a pathological disorder. However, I am extremely sensitive, and my relationship and mood management skills need a lot of work. Hey, I'm not perfect - I never graduated from Social Politics 101.

If anything, many people in power may be closet sociopaths. [1] Certainly the relentness tyranny I've been experiencing from my surveillers, and their apparent willingness to kill, seems psychopathic to me. [2]

Still, I have no right to impose my pain, anger, or personal ideas on anyone else. However, I should have the right to safety, privacy, relative freedom from abuse or oppression, and personal dignity. Or so I thought.


Security or Harassment?

I mentioned getting digital gadgets and computer equipment to help me record everything (camera, voice recorder, etc). [3] I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. My mother's not too thrilled: I've just put her into more debt, since I myself don't qualify for credit card approval.

Without further adieu, here's a snapshot of recent events:

First, read my March 12 post ('Electronic surveillance of citizens is no joke'). Scroll down to the part where it says, 'one's pets may be harmed, or one's car may be tampered with, just as a subtle setback to you.'

Now, read this email from a relative, who lives in New York, and two responses from other relatives. I've changed the names for privacy reasons, and have edited out more personal stuff.

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005
Subject: RE: Sherlock...


> C and T:
>
> What sad news about Sherlock. I share you pain and
> loss and I mourn with you. But I know that was the
> best for Sherlock because otherwise he would only suffer more.
>
> Both of you treated Sherlock with love and care; you
> can be comforted by the fact he had a good life with you.
>
> Take care. Love, B
>
------------

> My heartfelt condolence to you both.
>
> I am deeply saddened by the loss of Sherlock. He has
> been part of the family. Another soul is gone forever.
>
> In the past whenever I visited NY he was always there,
> part of my visit. It certainly will be different next time
> I visit, without him. Same as your visit here without him.
>
> He is not that old. Is he?
>
> He is such a good dog. [...] I wonder if he knew that his
> end is near. Taffy seemed to know when I took him to the
> the hosp. It's the sad eyes that look at you that shatters
> your heart to thousand pieces. I cried for 2 weeks. [...]
>
> I wonder if they have another kingdom of after life. I feel
> like praying to him.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> Sent: March 15, 2005 2:25 PM
> Subject: Sherlock...
>
> T. and I had Sherlock put down this morning.
>
> It was a very difficult decision, and very sudden,
> even for us. Last week, after a bout of diarrhea, we
> noticed that he was having difficulty breathing. His
> breathing was very quick, and short
> and did not ever stop at that rapid pace.
>
> On Saturday we had x-rays taken, and the sac around his heart
> was filled with fluid. The vets told us to rush him to
> the animal hospital. There, they drained the fluid, and told us
> that if it comes back soon, it wouldn't be good.
>
> Yesterday he had a great day, back to normal and
> very interested in life. But this morning, he was having
> difficulty breathing, and not even interested in going outside.
> So we took him to the hospital again.
>
> They said that they could do tests, and should it be cancer
> they might be able to operate. But at best it would only give
> him a few extra months. So instead of putting him through all
> of that, we decided to let him go. We are quite saddened by it.
>
> We will miss him terribly.
>
> c & t

********************************************

I've told everyone countless times we're being watched and threatened by Big Brother, and that all our emails are being tapped, but they still haven't clued into this notion.

Also, I don't know yet, because I haven't asked, but I'm guessing that Sherlock took ill on either Thursday, March 10, or Friday, March 11. That Thursday, I had heard a certain radio announcer mention that his dog was sick. I've called into his show before; he talks about his pet regularly on the air, and I probably showed some reaction, like, Oh-oh.

When I wrote my March 12 post about pets and cars as targets, I was indirectly referring to this DJ's much-loved canine. I have expressed concerns before about the potential vulnerability of people's pets. [4] Just like Sherlock, this particular dog's name is quite symbolic. I didn't know yet about my relative's situation.

While this may seem ridiculously farfetched to you, dear readers, I do have my reasons for believing these incidents are related. If you look back over the course of my blog, certain things I've suggested sound like complete fantasy, self-aggrandizing delusion, or a silly hoax - yet, gradually, I think you'll find my offbeat ideas do have some substance. Please stay tuned.


Drugs, Chemicals, Bio-Warfare

I recently had an email discussion with someone about mental health drugs, and I agreed to support their efforts in this area. The next day, I received this targeted spam.


Subtle threats?



What's strange is that my email forwarder is 'oneadv@...com,' and if this were truly random spam, one shouldn't know what 'oneadv' stands for. Yet, the other email addresses included are: 'oneadventure,' 'oneadvent,' 'oneadven4u,' etc. Also, notice the word 'aspirate' and other bizarre, almost psychotic, words at the bottom.

The same night that I'd been emailing with this person re: drugs and other stuff, I had also saved a complete back-up copy of this weblog, OneAdventure: Surveillance in Toronto, and I named the folder 'onea.' If you'll notice, the other addresses in this spam message are all a variation on 'onea_'. The number four (4) also appears twice, plus the word 'guy.'

So many people say to me, 'Everyone gets spam!' Yes, I know that. I'm not talking about your average spam. [5] In my opinion, this email is too specific and well-timed to be part of a random mailing (other examples to come).

More pharma-drug coincidences? I was staying at my mother's when I received this spam message. The next day, I went to my place for a few hours, and guess what happened? I got a phone call for some person, who works at 'the pharmacy.' When I asked the woman what number she had dialled, she recited my old Ident-A-Call number (recording to come).

I knew it'd be a wrong number, when I answered. Any time the phone rings, just as I arrive home, it's usually a wrong number or crank call. Or, it'll be a call from specific individuals, whom I believe are, or have been co-opted as, moles (examples to come).


Car Troubles

Cars make good targets: they offer an easy way of sending out warning signals and harassing people, without their owners ever suspecting anything.

Aside from my mother's car battery suddenly expiring (see below), two of her siblings have had unexpected car troubles, within the past six weeks. One of them had to get theirs fixed to the tune of $3000. Apparently, the entire internal chassis has dropped down. (There's more to this scenario, but it's too hard to explain.)

The other relative's spouse had swerved into a ditch. This could be the driver's fault and/or the weather. Yet, check out these two emails, and note the small, yet odd, details:

Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005
Subject: good news and bad news


[...] The bad news is this Monday, in the snow storm, R's car slipped into the central island ditch on exiting from 401 on Dixie. While the towing charges were covered by CAA, the slippage broke the [steering column] (between the steering wheel and the chasis), causing repair costs of $700.


Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005
Subject: RE: good news and bad news


No, R was not injured. And I misunderstood the problem. [...] it is the pipe that connects the steering wheel to the chasis.

R called CAA for help. Waited half hour. When it came, it pulled R out of the ditch. R asked him to wait a minute. He didn't. Probably he didn't hear him. A lot of times, I have difficulties hearing him too. After the CAA truck pulled away, R found the steering wheel did not work. He was about to call CAA again, when a policeman came up. He said Dixie was a busy road, he should get his car off the street rightaway. There were quite a few commercial towing trucks around. So R quickly asked one of them to help. [snip...] [Emphasis added.]

What if this little problem with the steering wheel and column had actually caused R. to swerve in the first place? Then, the timing of this event becomes a little more relevant.

Two weeks after this incident, on Friday, March 11, my mother's car battery suddenly conked out, just as she came to pick me up. We had to call a towing company for a car boost, and we waited for over an hour.

I know, I know - these things happen. Yet, after my various posts about academic and activist Ward Churchill, I actually began wondering to myself how much a vehicle could be rigged.

My mother's car has undergone persistent electrical, mechanical, and cosmetic problems in the past year - all at very specific times. Then, just like a thought-fulfilling prophecy, a whole new slew of auto anomalies have been dogging my mother and I these past few weeks - ever since my outspoken blogposts about Ward Churchill, where I mentioned that his wife had died in an untimely car accident. Below is just one of several odd happenings:


Magic touch



Guess what my mother's doing? She's 'tapping the starter.' Apparently, the guy from the service garage had told her that's how he managed to start her car right away, when she had gotten stuck in a parking lot back in January. This was just two days after an expensive $800 tune-up. I'm no mechanic, but that doesn't sound like a probable method to me: it's kind of like a fairy tapping her magic wand.

This is a six-year old car; my mother gets it serviced twice a year. Given the recent wallet-whipping tune-up job, having the car fail twice in two months is strange, annoying, and costly. Once was due to the starter. The second time was because of a completely dead battery (above). The battery was so kaput that the engine wouldn't even turn over (ie, make that *vrooom* noise), and the car's alarm system kept going off, as we tried to get the vehicle started.

Note: My mother's been having her car serviced at the same place she had bought it from six years ago. Yet, I first began to suspect this garage of co-operating with authorities in purposely creating problems for my mother and her car about a year ago. [6] Hearing this account of their magical cure for the car's failing starter simply adds to my concerns. Details on other well-timed car incidents to come.


Three days after my mother's car battery died, on Monday, March 14, her front door lock broke; she had to call a locksmith.


Shattered lock mechanism



Door jamb




I remained at my mother's place until Friday, March 18. She then drove me home on her way to a dental appointment. When she returned to her house, just a few hours later, she found the front door unlocked, and the curtains on the door were shut. Kind of ominous. She called me to ask if I had done this. I hadn't, of course.

(recording to come)


Off the Hook

My mother has received several blocked and wrong number calls since February (eg, Feb. 22 and 27; then, March 5, 7, and 12). [7] So have I, but this is normal for me.

You may not know this, but a person has to actively block a call by dialling * - 6 - 7. So, if you receive a wrong number call, and it's *blocked*, then it's almost certainly a CRANK CALL.


Blocked Call - March 12, 2005



So, what might have brought on this run of bad luck for both myself and others? You're looking at it, folks. These past few weeks, I've been busily researching, and then purchasing, the necessary equipment to help me finally keep track of what's going on. Oh, and I've also been distributing my weblog link to a number of people.


----------

[1] A former classmate introduced me to the term sociopath.

[2] See other links on sociopathy and psychopathy:


[3] My purchase of the Zippy Recorder was anything but smooth; yet, I suspect this was due to government intervention. I neither endorse, nor reject the supplier.

[4] I've warned people before that their pets could be unwitting targets, just as some people's loved ones seem to be. Explaining the strategic timing of such misfortunes is pretty difficult.

[5] More strange email spam: 'Post from the past...' (Sept. 10, 2004).

[6] Read other posts about my mother's car:


[7] Blocked, wrong number calls usually coincide with controversial posts that I write, while staying over at my mother's place. For example, these are the blogposts I wrote on March 5 and March 12:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home