One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Playing nice

Ah, back to my usual bitching. The reason I write about the world's problems, instead of my own, is because:

1) I can't prove most incidents are purposely being done, much less explain their significance.

2) Many events seem interconnected, and tend to play off each other, so it takes time to pull everything together.

3) Things are constantly happening, yet much of it seems trivial.

4) The predicament has gotten so extreme that the threats, or 'bizarre coincidences,' are far-reaching. (Yet another of my vague comments.)

5) I'm stressed and weary, does that count?

--------------------------------------------------------------

My adventure notes for January 2005:

Week 1

(finding notes)

Week 2

Jan 10 - Been at mom's since Dec 17/04. Head to my apartment: chilly, as usual (65F/18C). While there, I get a strange call from a new 'friend'/acquaintance (will post); while writing a note, neighbour beneath me does her usual loud cough threats, then starts blaring music; I see the landlord and maintenance man, and ask about my blown fuse (from Dec 22/04). One is willing to come fix it, but the other answers his cellphone, then says, 'No - I already had a certified electrician come. You're overloading the circuits. It's that toaster oven.' Toaster oven? Yeah, right. I leave, after being home only two hours: low heat, landlord won't fix fuse, noise harassment, strange phone call.

Back at my mother's that night, I start blogging. Phone rings - a blocked number, caller is silent. Mother nervously asks how calls are blocked. I have problems accessing Yahoo.com (my various emails) and Blogger.com (this blog). No news alerts on either site, yet I've had difficulties with both sites - at the same time - on three separate occasions. It's happened at both my place and my mother's, since late December. This can only mean: a) internet hacking, or b) problems with the Internet Service Provider. (More info to come.)

Feeling nervous about my blog writing. Both my mother and I have stomach upsets for next two days. She throws up; I have acid reflux, plus diarrhea. (Note: My mother exercises four times a week, two hours each time, and also takes vitamins.)

Jan 12 - I start blogging, and my mom gets another wrong number call.

Week 3

Finally, go back to my apartment. It's 64F, and drops to 60F (roughly 15C). Since it's an old building, and bitterly cold outside, I'm really feeling it.

Jan 19 - An outspoken volunteer, I email over a hundred organizations about an upcoming community meeting. As I do so, a young man named, Blessed, calls me to poll 'people from across Canada about local video stores.' Odd thing to emphasize, plus: 'Blessed,' polls, across Canada, videos (media)? I ask for the company's name and address; he has to consult with his supervisor - twice. Check out Pollara.ca. Very professional and corporate-friendly research company. (Hear my other calls.)

I notice the toilet is flushing even worse than before. (One of the first ways I felt harassed in my place was through constant plumbing problems. Fixed one day, plugged the next. Repeat, repeat, repeat...) Next evening, my mother tells me her toilet is blocked and has overflowed. Coincidence? This, on top of a costly car tune-up and financial stress, causes her to cry. (Not to me; I heard about it later.)

I huddle in my room with an area heater for four days, then go back to mom's for the weekend. Not exactly a safe haven, as implied in Week 2.

Week 4

Jan 25 - Community meeting today, but I probably won't attend. Mother drops me at my place, and my gawd, it's...warm! I enjoy my first week of steady heat in three winters.

But, surprise: the landlord has received another package on my behalf. He's quick to say, 'We received a package for you, during our regular office hours.' I hadn't questioned this fact, but he's worded it so nicely (see 'Making ties: home front').

Surprise No. 2: my package has already been opened and searched by customs. It's two books - a Christmas gift from a friend in Ireland. (Note: Since the September 11th attacks in 2001, I've been claiming that my mail to and from others is being searched, and is often delayed, but I had no proof.)

Strange, I still haven't received the Zippy recorder; this simple purchase has turned into a two-month rigmarole.

Jan 27 - Been up all night writing previous post. Get a call from Field to Table at 10:00am. (Have been suggesting this organization has government moles, since 2002.) Person doesn't say their name, and coldly asks if I've ordered 3 Good Food Boxes. She says this three times ('That's 3 good food boxes?' Yes.)

Many strange calls or incidents happen during or after my blogging. Scenario above, and others, could suggest my family of three people is in danger. (When numbers are required, my mother often uses the number three, to represent our family.) Numbers and numerology have been subtly used in my harassment, but it's hard to prove. The number four (4, 44, 444) comes up the most: it symbolizes 'death' in Chinese culture. (Not that my parents follow this, or other cultural notions. I learned about this while living in Asia.) Names are also significant (see Kabalarians.com).*

Internet connection problems for several days. Odd. Called Sympatico tech support six times. Just like Field to Table's staff person, several reps did not provide their names, either at the beginning or end of the call. Strange. This is common practice - especially among large companies. (notes to come)

No internet. I pass time playing cards by myself. Yet, after counselling today, the deck seems short. I'm ticked: these are my favourite cards. I keep playing, but finally count them: 6 cards are missing. Oh...I guess I'm not playing with a full deck (haha). Next day, I find the missing cards behind my nightstand. I couldn't possibly have knocked them there, but I'm glad I found them.

Jan 28 - Three helicopter flyovers.

Jan 29 - Finally receive the Zippy recorder, but still odd circumstances (eg, package took 18 days from date stamped).

Jan 30 (today) - Test out Zippy recorder. Receive three wrong number calls. One is for someone named 'Louie.' Caller's number is 416-392-7801. I try recording the 25 saved messages from my voicemail.

Mother phones, her call display says I called at 3:00pm. Bizarre. She was home, yet the phone didn't ring. My number appears, yet I hadn't called her or anyone else all day. Miracles of technology? (See September 2004 posts.)


Most people don't believe I'm being harassed: too many parties seem to be involved, including large or respected organizations. Yet, strange things are happening, and my landlords, or even the mafia, couldn't possibly have so many connections and so much influence. Logically speaking, my surveillance has to be sanctioned by an official body to be so all-encompassing.

The events and circumstances are real. One could call these 'coincidences,' if they happened occasionally. Yet, I experience CONSTANT, PERVASIVE, WELL-TIMED, and often THREATENING ANOMALIES.

If I'm delusional and paranoid, why is everything I talk about readily found in the news? My most recent detractors tell me so. See comments here and here.

Any help circulating this weblog would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home