One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Sunday, August 22, 2004

The magic of cars

I saw my mother on Friday. She brought some groceries and made two trips between her car and my apartment to bring them up. Then, we had lunch (she'd brought some hot food, as well).

A little while later, we went for a walk. When we got back, we went to her car and found it unlocked. Yet she recalls for sure that she had locked it.

My mother NEVER forgets to lock the car or the house door. She even remembers specifically locking it before bringing the food up. I tried not to emphasize this incident because, in fact, there have been a couple of other times where I believe the car had been entered (more on this later...). But my mother kept puzzling over it, saying, 'I'm sure I locked the car.'

I strongly believe this is one of the many ways in which *they* are trying to bring both my mother and I down: that is, sheer persistent tampering with things. Check out this list of what's been happening to my mother recently.


(If link above doesn't work, please use MisterPrivacy.com, then copy and paste http://oneadventure.tripod.com/stuff2.)



Example: My mother likes to garden, and has done various planting this summer, yet many of her plants have 'completely disappeared.' And yes, there were distinct piles of rabbit poop in her backyard - yet, the mounds were far too tidy to have been left by a wild rabbit, I say. But no matter what animal may have been feasting, they couldn't have done such a clean removal job with the plants.

After the car incident, above, I spent the weekend creating mailouts for a community group I'm volunteering with. My way of dealing with the persistent threats is to get more publicly involved.

But, as seems to be increasingly the case, I had email and internet tampering all weekend. It also started to sink in that the threats are definitely now being directed at both me and my mother -- since a whole bunch of negative things have happened to her in the past two weeks. Before, I felt that scaring her was being done merely to provoke me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home