One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Food and water, givers of life

Let Them Eat...Anything

My knowledge of global politics is limited. I often find it boring, and I'm terrible with facts, dates, history, and so on. Yet there's a high correspondence between things I talk about, or have mentioned, and current trends in world affairs.

As the harassment became more threatening in early 2002 - to myself and to unwitting others - I became far more security conscious. I happened to mention, a few times, the importance of food security in relation to political empowerment, and how this might also connect to the keeping of nuclear arms (see more on 'water,' below). I gave India, as an example.

Two months ago, I saw an interview on the Tim Russert Show. U.S. alliances and the situation in the Middle East were being discussed, and they noted how the developing economies of both India and China, and their respective workforces, means a 'playing field that is levelling,' and 'direct competition' for Americans.

Many themes in this talk bore a striking similarity to my own concerns, or things I've mentioned. I can't recall the journalist's name, however, he pointed out that North Korea could be humbled on the nuclear arms issue through ostracization and limiting of food resources: 'Let them live off potatoes,' he suggested. (Echoes of the Irish potato famine? Famine summary, and more agricultural info.)

Now, step one of that threat has just been announced: 'U.S. Warns That N. Korea Faces Isolation' (Yahoo News; February 10, 2005).

Five days ago, the U.S. officially decided to remove its ban on Canadian beef, partly as a strategy to get 'other countries to reopen to U.S. beef.'

The mad cow blockout in May 2003, along with the SARS breakout in March that same year, were two serious misfortunes that hit Canada hard during the launch of the Iraq war, and totally bypassed the U.S.


What Predictions?

You may be thinking I'm a little off: this is North Korea, not India, plus there's no mention of food. Well, East Asia is probably a greater threat, plus India produces much of its own food. The latter point is what I had mentioned in 2002.

The U.S., sensing North Korea would balk on nuclear disarmament, is already thinking long-term about food trade bans on that nation. That's pretty serious. However, the question in my mind is: Has limiting food access as a military strategy ever been discussed by the U.S. government or the media in the past 20 years or more? How did I manage to predict this scenario?

By no means am I in support of nuclear arms. Unfortunately, I haven't paid much attention to this issue, since the threat of the Cold War seemed to subside in the late 80s. I know little about North Korea, and I certainly do not support their politics.

(Am editing this paragraph...) As with Lawyers Against the War, I support international standards of governance to resolve disagreements between nations. I'm completely against nuclear arms and energy supplies. Yet I do think in the face of U.S. imperialism (hello MacDonald's worldwide) - and based on my own merciless harassment over the past three and half years - I can understand how smaller countries may feel a need to stand their ground against the U.S.'s imposing force.

People who rule war and corporations are not kindly folks. Power-mongering, greedy, corrupt elites are a ruthless bunch. If and when my (and others') situation is fully understood, you may appreciate how profound and widespread the abuse and violation by authorities has been. Their goal is to dominate at all costs; they do it just because they can. Few, if any, honour codes exist.


Nukes, No Way

North Korea and other countries should certainly participate in nuclear test ban talks. But before one goes looking elsewhere, it'd be good to know what's under the hood, here, in North America.

Even before President George W. Bush's re-election last November, he initiated increased spending on nuclear weapons, and expansion of the defense budget to over $30 trillion dollars. Why, then, is the U.S demanding that other nations stop nuclear arms production? The U.S. is clearly proliferating nuclear weaponry and testing, increasing nuclear energy supplies, and enlarging the overall budget.

'Why Bush is spending so much on nuclear weapons' by Fred Kaplan, Slate (April 23, 2004).

'50 Facts About U.S. Nuclear Weapons' - The Brookings Institution

Nuclear Proliferation: Next Generation Nuclear Weapons page on Gyre.org.

People fail to see that producing military weapons is Big Business. BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE by filmmaker Michael Moore is a must-see.


Too Wacky To Be Believed

As my therapist repeatedly told me, the powers-that-be have vast knowledge and experience, and know how to use these. Yet, I do believe my particular take on things may have helped revitalize strategies for global control and domination by enhancing both their creativity and their understanding of inter-cultural pecking orders, plus human psychology, social dynamics, basic instincts, and so on. Astrology has also played a role, surprisingly enough.

It makes more sense that I've been under surveillance, and that these ideas and experiences somehow got channelled on up, rather than my being such an accurate psychic (though I am pretty intuitive). I didn't even read news articles (on/offline) or watch TV for many years.

This notion of using food as a coercive threat is but one of many examples of my seeming 'predictive abilities.' More to come.

[Edit: For more on war profiteering, see 'Shifting focus: Churchill vs. Cheney.']

---------------------------------------------------------------

Water is Power

People interested in environmental issues know how vitally important water, food, and air quality are. Here are two funny facts about water in Toronto:

1) The last City of Toronto water report received in the mail was entitled, 'Tapping into the Minds of Torontonians.'

2) Just after my surveillance at work began, at a large venue, I noticed sudden organizational changes (eg, new posters, employee safety, etc); they also started carrying specially-bottled water with the venue's name branded on the label. Yet, despite hosting so many events for Toronto and Canadian-based companies, the supplier is American.*

*Note: One major shortcoming of both NAFTA and the Canada-U.S. free trade deals is that Canada ends up supplying raw materials to the U.S., then buying back finished products at greater cost.

Could surveillance of myself, and eventually others, really have such far-reaching effects? Let's wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home