One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Saturday, October 30, 2004

More proof of US-Canada merger

Article from Canada NewsWire:
"New cross-border debit service launched for Canadians" (October 30, 2004).

Having mentioned some of my adventures in becoming a bartender of sorts, I can now tie in a story about cross-border shopping.

Once I realized that my surveillance is possibly being carried out by the FBI, as well as CSIS, my concerns about Canadian sovereignty went up a further notch. This can be seen in my many email rants (to come).

The irony, and obvious personal hypocrisy, is that despite being so critical of the US, and encouraging Canada's need for political autonomy, I got most of my bartending materials from our neighbours to the south.

Financial desperacy was a factor.* Being in rough economic shape, and being utterly desperate to find a job, I went full throttle towards trying to become an excellent bartender. I started looking for second-hand tools and learning aids (used books, CDs, recipes) on eBay, and most sellers happened to be in the U.S. Really, it's more like going to a garage sale, as you're buying one person's used junk - as opposed to supporting companies outright.**

Still, I sensed this contradictory behaviour and my economic disempowerment - in combination with my political views and ideosyncracies - would prove useful to the surveillers, who are NOT politically unbiased or neutral.

I even believe this may be influencing how intelligence agencies are now co-opting everyday citizens and small proprietors, though no one is likely to admit it. It's like mafia extortion.

Security bodies are uniquely positioned: they're part of the government, yet they work independently. They have connections to the powerful elite, whose interests they usually serve. Security bodies carry the weight of authority, yet they can offer useful connections, or other *incentives*, in return for people's co-operation.

What an easy way of 'having eyes everywhere.' They can hinder or harass supposed surveillance targets, with little effort. How? Create incidents (eg, phone calls, passersby, etc); place innocuous taxi drivers on street watch (they have radios, skilled dispatchers, and usually cellphones, surveillance cameras, and possibly GPS (good definition)); collect the person's trash; inspect any mail; have mystery shoppers follow the person and report back (what was looked at or bought)**; slow down or tamper with a person's food order; create chance encounters and new love interests (it really works). The list is endless!

Check out the hidden cameras everywhere (dark red domes). Every conceivable thing about you can be studied. You wouldn't even know it.

My experiences also suggest Big Brother is networking with security guards to do 'extra duties.' Guards are conveniently positioned everywhere. Just think: every office building, learning institutions, malls, libraries, condos and apartments, hospitals, community centres, clubs, etc.

I had mentioned strategic 'security' ties in several emails last year. Then, a few months ago, I heard a radio news story on CKLN 88.1, discussing territory struggles between police and security guards over homeless people in Ottawa. Sorry, I forget the exact details. Personally, I think it was a mock battle. It's funny, how I had made links between these two seemingly unlikely parties before this news event surfaced. (Also see, 'Power begets power' post.)

More importantly, these developments follow upon the important Hub City Mayor's Summit, which has helped connect Canada's major cities. (See summary, and IdeasThatMatter.com.) Police chiefs across the country hold an annual conference, so should major city mayors.

I've often anticipated anomalies or changes in people's situations, based on my suspicions of illegal surveillance and tampering. I wish I'd kept a log of my predictions; people would be shocked. The best I can do is convey what's going on, and suggest how and why these things are being done.

I know I'm just one insignificant being on this planet. To make these assertions seems, at best, self-deluding. Yet through unusual circumstances, and my knack for attracting (mostly negative) attention, I seem to be the focus of intense harassment. Phone calls are only a small part of what's been happening. Keep reading this blog to find out if it's all true...


[Edited below February 2005.]

*For four years of my unemployment, I never relied upon government resources. I was so strung out, it took me that long to even bring myself to an employment centre. Hey, I avoided going out in public for a long time, just to avoid people's unfriendliness. (See February 1, 2005 post.)

**I'm splitting hairs here. Most major stores in Canada are American subsidiaries, anyway. 'Cross-border shopping' was a concern during the late 80s, early 90s, just after NAFTA got pushed through.

***I have bought and obsessively carry certain items to help me: a) keep track of the harassment, b) protect my correspondence, and c) help me communicate with others. I'll be posting a list.

I have all my financial records, dating back to 2001. For two years, I even kept all my receipts - right down to bubble gum purchases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home