One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Monday, August 23, 2004

Threats intensify

Today, I saw my doctor; told her about all the strange incidents this past weekend.

Example:

Last night, I was groaning through much of the night and woke up with my teeth clenched because my back's been hurting (was at the computer all weekend). Given the stressful past few days in which I have been busily trying to do some outreach for a voluntary initiative, while also having my efforts dogged by some mysterious hackers, my surveillers would likely see my response as *stress-induced*.

In fact, I had also written a message to loved ones and media folks Saturday night (which I did not send), as a clue to my possibly dying either prematurely, or in synch with various harassing events happening around me. Please note: this is not something I do everyday.

So then what happens?

I'm leaving to see my doctor, and I open my apartment door: there sitting squarely on my doormat is a book I had left in the hallway, called: Personal Darkness (by Tanith Lee, a well-respected fantasy writer).



The thing is, this book had been in a bag, along with a shrunken wool sweater. The bag had been sitting out there for several weeks; I was meaning to take it to GoodWill. (I just never know what to do with shrunken sweaters, and hate to see wool go to waste.)

People in my building regularly leave things in the hallway -- nothing gets touched. So it's pretty unusual to help oneself to a bag that looks like garbage, and take away what is a hopelessly shrunken sweater, and then, just leave the book on my doorstep, right in my path.

The book is the only thing worth taking; this bag had been out there for over a month; and it had been placed several feet away from my door. As I said, to place the book smack dab on my doormat is strange.

(Note: I don't normally read dark, haunting novels. This used book was given to me by a past co-worker. I also do not read spy novels, and have never been a thriller or murder-mystery fan. My 'conspiracy theories' do not stem from an overactive imagination. On the contrary, my increasingly cynical thoughts are based on reality and actual political happenings, and gradually realizing how the world really works. Yeah, I know -- it takes me awhile.)

Anyway, I get to the doctor's, and I'm feeling like crap because of my back, and just the whole surveillance and harassment stuff, in general. I tell my doctor about this book, the weekend of email and internet tampering, and last Friday's car incident. The doctor doesn't quite believe my theories of surveillance, of course. But then, my doctor also thinks 'Stephen Harper is a nice guy' and doesn't have a conservative platform at all.

Now I'm not knocking the New Conservatives or Stephen Harper, but to say they're not conservative??? Pul-eeeeze!!

(Also note: You'd have to know more about me, like how I was threatened with an RCMP investigation, to get how these things are even likely or possible.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home