One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Monday, July 11, 2005

More clarifications: recent post

(Yet again, I digress from surveillance issues.)

Regaining my credibility with readers of this blog will probably take time. So I may as well start tackling the situation right now...


Birthday Dinner 'Do'

Recently, I had posted a private post. Other people may have read this note, which is totally fine; yet, I feel the need to contextualize the contents.

I celebrated my birthday recently. It was the first time I did so with my extended family in some years. [1] Since quite a few of us are born during these summer months, my relative splurged on champagne - a nice gesture.

Several of my relatives live in the U.S. Given all the controversial things I write on here, you can imagine how concerned I am for them. If I were more organized, I could better demonstrate just how pervasively government security bodies are wielding their power.

Civil rights are going right down the tubes, folks, and a corporate-driven police state is being created on a massive scale. (Doing these Canada-wide phone surveys makes me feel pretty awful about where things are headed.)


Creating an Activist Network

There are folks I'd like to be collaborating with. I hope we may work together in future. [2]

-------

[1] My life did not start *normalizing* until this year; I continue to experience threats and reminders of surveillance or harassment on a regular basis.

[2] Most activists and interesting folks, who I see out there, are already being watched and likely have many moles around them: it's all-encompassing. The best thing for people to do is try to discern who's real, and then, join efforts.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home