One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Friday, June 24, 2005

Toronto marketing maniac

Ever get that crazy marketing bug? I sure did. Here are a few 'marketing projects,' which I created for myself between 2000 and 2002. [1]

During these past few years, I've acquired a reputation for being a shameless self-promoter. Yet, I feel my earlier marketing efforts were more about: 1) surviving in the workplace, 2) wanting to see my ideas being put to use, and 3) needing to create the type of world that I, personally, would enjoy living in. That's just my view of the situation; but I'll let you be the judge.





I certainly was desperate to find both community and alternative spaces - plus, I felt an overall urgency about where our world is headed. Sadly, due to my reactiveness, and my being under constant government surveillance all these years, I've actually helped facilitate the *opposite* of what I believe in.

Companies spend hundreds of millions of dollars - possibly billions - on marketing research, branding, achieving effective results, and creating a lasting impact. Yet, by studying my life - in extreme detail - these bigwigs have reaped infinite rewards. Also, my suspicions that Big Brother has been closely studying my behaviours and interactions, my socio-environmental concerns, my interest in cross-cultural communications, and my overall marketing verve is what makes me so certain that innovative corporate collusion - with a 'social marketing' edge - is becoming widespread in Canada. [2]

Both illegal surveillance of the masses and a high recruitment of moles have proven to be advantageous for both governments and major corporations. [3] Now, widespread digital technologies and corporate confederacy - on an international scale - are helping to achieve the totalitarian regime, which I keep railing about. Folks, I'm talking about rapid growth and partnerships, unlimited information access, and powerful corporate networks.

Talk about my being an inexpensive resource for marketing research! People often suggest that the government wouldn't waste so much time and money on someone, like myself. I'll tell you this much: their gains have far exceeded any costs.


---------

[1] Clearly, I'm no artist; I merely put elements together to help achieve an overall vision or goal.

[2] My theories about various governmental actions, corporate strategies, media manipulation, and the undermining of public power are repeatedly borne out in actual news events.

[3] This may sound totally whacked, but...I caused both CSIS and the FBI to: i) tighten up their 'security' measures, ii) increase their electronic surveillance of citizens, iii) help major corporations to co-operate more, and iv) get more creative in controlling the overall population. Besides being a freedom-lover, I wanted my privacy back - foolish me. Both my headstrong personality and my wish to create wide-scale change have also been pivotal factors in this astounding situation.

3 Comments:

  • Toronto ROCKS ! YOU SUCKS !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:27 AM  

  • Thanks, you remind me of someone at my workplace.

    By Blogger outside the box..., at 3:47 AM  

  • are you the person responsible for this software package?

    it is by the "marketing maniac"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home