One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Just more family spam

Weird spam and fun for the whole family!

(Note: I've replaced names with random initials.)

Date: Fri, 20 May 2005
Subject: Re: trash email

Mine were returned emails too. They were mainly strange addresses with maybe one line of message in german.

I understand R and N are going to K's place tomorrow too. We are picking up R. So see you there.

-----------------------------


I have not received any german email at Sympatico and Yahoo. But I received 5 of them over the last few days at usa.net. I have not even corresponded with anyone at that id during that period.

Lets hope it is only a nuisance and not destroying anything.

B.


Subject: RE: sober worm
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 20:26:49 -0400

I did receive some message with a German subject. I don’t know who was the sender. It just came back to me as if I sent [it] with all the weird addresses on it as recipients which have been blocked to receive that message. And all those recipients all have a govt. address.

Weird.

I never sent that message.



-----Original Message-----
Sent: May 18, 2005 10:33 PM
Subject: Re: sober worm



S, I don't think the message is really from you. I believe it is the sender who uses other people's addresses. Don't worry. I simply delete them when I see the German script. I did not expect German messages from you.

-H


XX wrote:

Hmmm, sorry about that. I'm usually pretty good about checking for virus' ,
spyware. I don't usually open unknown emails either. Wonder where I got it
from.

But I'm not receiving german spam....


>Subject: Re: sober worm
>Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:50:14 -0400 (EDT)
>
>I simply delete them. I have received a total of about 50 of them in 4
>days.
>
>H.
>
>
>XXX wrote:
>
>Yes, i have also been receiving lots of german garbage email. please do be
>careful who we include on family email postings. how do i get rid of this
>worm?
>
>TTT wrote: I just received a German message
>from S's e-mail address. I have been receiving loads of German
>messages for the past 5 days. It is the Sober worm. I wonder if it is
>brought on by [XX's] e-mail.
>


These email exchanges occurred shortly after I had mentioned government harassment and racism in a recent therapy session. None of the messages above are from me, plus I hadn't accessed my messages for awhile. I myself did not receive any of the German email spam mentioned. I do, however, have a crank call from a man shouting in German, which dates back to 2001, prior to the 9-11 attacks. However, this call was received at my friend's place.

I've been politically-inept and reactive for a number of years - all the more amplified, with the seeming life-threatening harassment that I and others appear to be experiencing - but I was never publicly so, until 2003. Most of my emails (1999 to 2003) were calls for community and co-operative action. However, since returning from India in 1999, where I had interned with a co-operative organization, I have often been challenging people's conceptions of democracy and participation. I come on a bit strong.

So, yes, I do regularly push people's buttons and raise difficult issues - both in emails and in person - but my more confrontational panic modes only began in the last two years. Yet, clear instances of phone clicking and other anomalies started in 1998 - long before I moved to my current place. My own note-taking about strange activities began in 1998, shortly after I was threatened with an RCMP investigation, presumably on suspicion of trying to procure an extra passport.

I suspect if I try to make this connection in future, Ottawa's security office will claim they have no active files on me. I'll post some of my usual insubstantial proof to back up this wildly psychic notion later.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home