One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Phenom...what?

Just came across this line in a site about phenomenologists: 'philosophical ideas cut across political affiliation.'

I'd never read anything about phenomenology before (didn't know what it was), but last week, I heard it mentioned on a popular American talk show, during which three calls from Canada were fielded in a row. I found this unusual.

According to this research methods site, 'phenomenology explores the structures of consciousness in human experiences.'

What is phenomenology?

Wiki definition.

More about phenomenology from Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.

About the School of Brentano.

Browsing through all this erudite stuff, I can appreciate why I and others, who challenge oppression and advocate for socio-environmental change, or who may simply be part of progressive communities, would be surveilled so intensely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home