One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Friday, January 21, 2005

Hello, Mr. Carrot and Mr. Stick

Remember my theory about gay rights as political leverage? This hot new trend is quickly becoming a bargaining tool, as well. Check these out...

CTV.ca News: 'PM threatens election over same sex marriage'

(...searching for second article)

Six days ago, I suggested 'carrot-and-stick' manoeuvres are often used at an international level. Found this on the same Sympatico/MSN news page: 'Norwegians confused by Bush family's 'Satanic salute' during inauguration'

So, who's the carrot, and who's the stick? Martin, Bush?

------------------------------------------------------

More on gay rights:

Here's a sign of how rapidly things are developing: 'Canadian military approves gay marriage.'

Article's closing paragraph:

Meanwhile, the Conservative Party, normally supportive of military policy and interests, is...[launching] an anti-gay advertising campaign to promote discrimination. The Conservatives hope to lure recent immigrants coming from countries that devalue human rights, away from their traditional home in the Liberal party, by appealing to their old-world prejudices and superstitions. [emphasis added]


Wow, the Church and the military, all in one. Pretty speedy, don't you think?

Political strategies described above exemplify the carrot-stick phenomena I previously suggested are being played out between Prime Minister Paul Martin / Liberals vs. Stephen Harper / New Conservatives (will post last June's email). This leaves the NDP and Greens nowhere (almost).

Strange how many of these odd turns of events I've written about (predicted, anticipated) in advance. Am I so brilliant and up-to-date on current events? Hardly. I have generally avoided TV, newspapers, magazines, etc, for years, and only skim when necessary. (I've only been paying more attention lately, because it's important to my situation.)

Is it that I'm 'psychic' and have my finger on the pulse of world trends?

OR...

Are my claims of illegal surveillance possible? Could the government's close study of me and others - plus life-threatening harassment - be fruitful for the powers that be? (Pun intended.)


(More info to come.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home