One Adventure: Surveillance in Toronto

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Now *69 feature is whacked.

8:20 pm - Dial *69 to find out if anyone has called. When my voicemail box is stuffed full of saved messages, I use *69 to see if anyone, other than the last person who left a message, has called me.

So I dial, and this older man magically answers the phone, "Hello?"

Confused, I say "Hello??" Then, we both wait. I ask, "Who's this?" And he replies, "Who's this?" I can't think of anything clever, so I say, "Just checking." His response: "Keep on checking."

Normally, if you dial *69, it rings and an automated message asks for your password, so you can access your voicemail. Pressing two digits CANNOT connect you to someone else's phone line.

If this was just one bizarre phone incident, I'd simply be surprised and a little amazed. But this is but one of sooooo many telephone anomalies.


(If link above doesn't work, use MisterPrivacy.com, then copy and paste http://oneadventure.tripod.com/id4.html.)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home